Facebook news feed carries all the information posted by your Facebook friends on their wall. You can get an overview of what is happening around you and can share your pictures, videos or status as well. But sometimes too many unnecessary posts can make your news fees cluttered and you will not be able to check the posts from your close friends. You need to clear the irrelevant posts from your news feed so as not to miss upon the important updates. You can simply fix your news feed by following some simple steps or can also contact the Facebook Customer Service staff.
To de-clutter your Facebook news feed you can adopt the following steps:
1. If you are getting unnecessary posts on your news feed and you want to get rid of the stuff then you can choose whose posts you want to see first on your news feed. For this you have to make some changes in the news feed settings:
- Open the Facebook account and press the down arrow from the upper right corner at the top of the screen.
- Click ‘News feed preferences’ and then click on ‘Prioritize who to see first’.
- Now, choose the friends whose posts you want to see at the top of your News Feed and click ‘Done’.
2. There are some friends on Facebook whose posts are irrelevant to you but you cannot unfriend them either. However, you can block their posts from your news feed as follows:
- Tap the down arrow from the blue bar and select ‘News Feed Preferences’.
- Select ‘Unfollow people to hide their posts’ and select the friends you want to unfollow. After clicking ‘Done’ you will not see their posts anymore on your news feed. Dial the Facebook Technical Support Number if you are unable to hide their posts from your news feed.
3. You can also remove the ‘On this day’ feature of Facebook if you don’t want to get reminded of old memories on Facebook. Go to the settings and then move to the ‘On this day’ page. Click on ‘Preferences’ option given at the upper right corner. Set the dates and the people you want to get reminded of.
4. If you want to get rid of the political posts of your news feed then you can add an extension to the Chrome Browser. After you have added the extension click the icon in the toolbar and it will show you a list of keywords that will block the posts from your news feed.
If you need further help in fixing your news feed of Facebook you can ask the technical experts to guide you. Call at the Facebook Support Phone Number and directly ask your queries from the technical experts working round the clock. You can also get in touch with the technical team if you have any other issues regarding Facebook.